Sunday 9 October 2016

Research - Music Video Analysis 8 - All The Pretty Girls by Kaleo

Lighting





This opening shot is amazing, the pink lighting creates such a romantic and feminine atmosphere, linking to the song name 'All The Pretty Girls'. This kind of effect would be perfect for the feel we are trying to achieve in our own video, maybe not pink particularly but the overall effect is desirable.

The lighting here perfectly shows every detail on the little branch, this soft yet natural lighting would be really useful for the more romantic scenes in our music video.

The subtle lighting in this shot just highlights the highpoints of the legs and feet, this looks so soft and gentle, it's so effective and pretty, I hope we can achieve this. The way the shot is framed is very unusual as a shot of feet on their own is odd unless it matches the lyrics.

The way the lighting is used here is my favourite thing, it is so effective and beautiful as the light makes everything else look really dark and quite shadowy, giving a nice pink effect but it is so soft yet dark, I really want to be able to do this in my own music video but I am not sure when it would be suitable. The group shot in this sequence looks really effective, we have no plans to use group shots in our video so far but this has made me consider adding one as there is many different ways we could frame it.

The lighting here, under the water highlights the people, one in particular, this is something I haven't seen used in music videos before and I think it is so effective and different, it is really alternative and indie.



How this research has influenced my planning
The lighting in my music video has not been thoroughly planned yet and so this was really helpful to be able to acknowledge what is going to be effective and work well for the particular style of video we are doing, I think, from this research that natural light is going to be the best bet, in the night time shots we will need artificial lighting but we mainly need natural light.



No comments:

Post a Comment