Sunday 26 February 2017

Evaluation Question 3


What have you learned from target audience feedback  




After this took place and all of the products have been completed, a questionnaire was handed out to members of our target audience for further feedback.
One question asked how well they think I have achieved synergy across all of my products, this got 100% positive feedback and everyone asked agreed that there was synergy across the advert, digipak and video so this told me that my aim for a synergetic look creating a recognisable brand image was successful.
One thing I learnt from this target audience research was that it was not always clear to the audience what the genre of the video was. I tried to adhere to conventions found in indie music videos in my research but upon reflection I should have used more to make the genre more clear, this is something I can develop in the future.
Another point brought up in the answers to one of the questions shows that a few people did not entirely understand the narrative of the music video. I think this is because the enigma [Barthes] was too ambiguous and it came across as confusing. Upon reflection this is something I wish I hadn't done as in my previous TA research other people also confirmed that the narrative left some questions unanswered, leaving the audience unsatisfied.

This has taught me that the video should end in equilibrium as per Todorov's theory or the audience will be unsatisfied. A few people also did not understand that the point of the stars throwing leaves in the air was to break up continuous flashback shots and represent disruption in their lives so I could make this more clear.


The least useful audience feedback was probably Twitter. This focused on consumption and yes, in the real media world, we had to think about how our music video would be distributed. However, as far as creativity went, this was not as helpful.





Overall target audience feedback has been a very helpful part of my production. The most useful TA feedback was definitely from the focus groups. this allowed me to ask specific questions and to record detailed answers. this type of qualitative research was invaluable.




Their honest opinions about what would or wouldn't work in appealing to them has helped me edit and change a lot of aspects in my music video and digipak. I am now a lot more confident in what would appeal to my target audience, I could have made more changes e.g. more costume changes in my music video and also adhering to more indie genre conventions. Over all after listening to my TA, I have changed my products in a lot of ways suggested in my feedback that have made the overall package more successful in attracting an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment